Saturday 13 August 2011

5+: Cat's Ahoy! - Peter Bently, Ill. Jim Field

Release Date: 05/08/11

BOOK BLURB:

When Alfonso the cat hears there’s a boat coming into harbour carrying its largest ever catch, he hatches a plan. It’s brave! It’s bold! And it involves a ghost pirate ship, some rather gullible fishermen, and cats … LOTS of cats.

With an infectious rhyming text and laugh-out-loud illustrations, this book is set to become a firm favourite for fans of life on the high seas.


REVIEW:

This is one of my favourite children’s picture books of this year. Now this could be because I’m secretly Cat-Man, able to tickle cats in my sleep etc. but it also has a cracking story in poetry form that really captures the imagination making this a fun book for children who like not only animal stories but tales of pirates.

Add to Peter’s unique storytelling style, colourful pictures by Jim Field, a wickedly humorous twist or two and this title was a huge amount of fun for me. Definitely a tale that I’ll be revisiting again, perhaps with my nephews, although I do wonder if they’ll appreciate it on as many levels as me. Great fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment