Friday 16 September 2011

TEEN: Halo 2: Hades - Alexandra Adornetto

Release Date: 30/08/11

BOOK BLURB:

Hades is the second instalment of Alexandra Adornetto's enthralling tale of good vs evil.


REVIEW:

In all honesty I wasn’t that sold with the book blurb and as such did end up wondering what I’d let myself in for, especially as this was the second title in a series.

What I got sadly, was a tale that really didn’t feel fully realised, the lead character was rather two dimensional and sadly seemed to lack a spine or brain, the overall premise was sadly overextended for what the author achieved and sadly the book just went downhill from there. Currently with a lot of authors looking for a break, you need to make sure that the second book is as good as the first if not better to make sure that you have the reader sold on the series, if this is an improvement, then sadly I really don’t want to read the original.

All in a story that I’d suggest if you wanted to read that you borrow it from the library, but with so many other great titles out there, I’d suggest going for one of them instead such as Alyxandra Harvey’s Drake Chronicles or Alyson Noel’s Immortal series.




No comments:

Post a Comment