Monday 2 April 2012

3+: Dog Loves Drawing - Louise Yates

Release Date: 02/02/12

BOOK BLURB:

Dog loves books, but one day he receives a strange one in the post - it's blank! Soon, Dog realises that this book is not for reading, but for drawing, and before long Dog is doodling and drawing himself into a new world, full of friends and surprises.


REVIEW:

I originally read Louise’s Dog Loves Books and fell in love with the lead character because, like him I love books. So when the opportunity arose to read another title featuring this great little white dog I jumped at the chance. Here within the pages, he embarks on his own adventure with drawn friends as he discovers the joy of a drawing book to which he can create his own adventures.

The tale is full of fun, the support cast enticing and perhaps best of all the tale is one big adventure that not only gives the target audience a story of fun but also imparts the lesson of how much fun you can have with pen and paper. All in a cracking little story that is also wonderfully illustrated and one that had my nephews rushing off to create their own tale. Great fun.

1 comment:

  1. This is my very first time I visited here. I discovered numerous cool stuff in your website especially its discussion. From the tons of feedback in your articles, I suppose I am not the one getting all of the enjoyment right here! Proceed the excellent job.

    ReplyDelete